Financial Accounting Manager in a well-stablished boutique law firm in Marbella area
About the position: The appropriate candidate should have 7+ years of experience in administrative, accounting, and financial operations of the company for a major company or division of a large corporation. Candidate will handle day-to-day accounting transactions, and managing the accounts of different providers in a number of European jurisdictions. The candidate must have a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations in Ireland, the United Kingdom or an English speaking jurisdiction. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance. Candidate must be native English speaker or extremely fluent, Spanish as a second language important but not essential. All other languages a plus.
About the right candidate: The right candidate will have outstanding organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, common sense, communicative, reliable, ability to work on own initiative, be a team player, have a hands-on can do approach with the initiative to provide problem solving to daily challenges.
The candidate must have high pc skills, particularly office, excel and power point.
We will particularly value a candidate with a proven ability to maintain confidentiality, who possesses a professional work ethic, is sociable yet discreet and who enjoys being part of a team.
Principal accountabilities are:
Day to Day
1. Preparing, reviewing and supervising all client accounts
2. Issuing invoices and making payment of invoices for clients’ companies
3. Bookkeeping of client companies accounts
4. Managing and storing of invoices and other relevant financial information for clients
5. Reporting accounting and financial information to clients
6. Reporting accounting information to outsourced providers for preparation of financial statements and audits
7. Reviewing financial statements and approving
8. Keeping good records of financial obligations and mandatory filings of client companies worldwide (mainly Europe)
9. Issue timely and complete financial statements, coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
10. Produce annual budget and forecasts, calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
11. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations with providers
12. Funding, monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
13. Participate in conference calls with advisors
14. Maintain banking relationships
15. Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and European operations
16. Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
17. Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
18. Implement operational best practices
19. Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
20. Personally review and approve all financial statements of companies
21. Report financial results to the board of directors
22. Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
23. Construct and monitor reliable control systems
24. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
25. Ensure that the company complies with all fiscal regulatory requirements
26. Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
27. Report risk issues
Working Conditions: Will work in a friendly office environment and be part of a diverse team of professionals who advise clients throughout a variety of industries. Our Firm has been advising international individuals and companies for over 12 years and do so with care and close attention to detail.
The right candidate will be joining a small team of very qualified professionals and will be supervised by two partners. The candidate will not supervise other employees but will report directly to Management. Must have ability to produce their own work product independently and have initiative. Occasional travel to client offices in Europe might be necessary.
Salary is gross 24,000 €/year (€2,000 gross per month). Salary can be reviewed after proven above skills over time.
No age restrictions.
Own car required.
If you do not meet the necessary requirements, please abstain from applying. Non-qualifying candidate profiles will not be reviewed.
We will carry out one interview over the phone and two personal interviews. We will require proof of two prior employments in similar positions. This will include contacting prior employers to confirm credentials.
If you comply with the above requirements please send your CV